Coloring corner

Carlotta's Craft room

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tuesday's Technique Challenge

     Happy Tuesday to all.  Today mark's challenge #1 of Tuesday's Technique. Being the first challenge it can contain as many techniques as you like.  Any color theme you like, any season you like, just complete it! You can use any companies images that you like for this as well.  I love all the vendors you know. This challenge has been created to bring all of those stamping and crafting techniques that we learned somewhere along the way back into our focus.  I want to continue to grow as an artist and maybe teach and inspire a little bit along the way.  I am first a photographer so I tend to see things a bit differently anyways.  But, I can't tell you how many techniques I use regularly that I learned through various classes and web sites along the way.  I still over use http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ I can't help it. I also love Technique junkie newsletters as it's jam packed with ideas.  I also use the VSN (Vamp Stamp News) magazine a lot!!!!  The March 2011 issue which you can find at your local stamp and scrapbooking stores contains an  awesome amount of info on Alcohol Inks (Copics) and PhotoShop Elements (Digital  Scrapbookers or photo buffs).
     I can honestly say that my favorite technique is heat embossing.  Especially in the winter months.  (I'm always cold ya know).    For today I just want to give you  an example with a recent card I created.  My official entry will come this weekend.  I don't have a design team yet but hopefully soon.  VK designs will be redesigning this blog to reflect the upcoming growth and change, both on creativity and ideas but also on digital designs as well.  When everything comes together I will be calling for submissions of all techniques, cards, layouts and altered art. I think layouts sometimes get the short end so please try stamping for a layout or two (that's a great technique). I so don't believe that an artist is one or the other: stamper or scrapper!   Please don't forget to scroll to the bottom of the blog to the resources area because I try to add free  informational pages when I can.  I also upload info files to the Magnolia-licious web group as well and feel free to capitolize on all the wonderful international talent and inspirational talent that you will find there.  Enough said, let's get too it...See how many techniques I used on my smiles card.


Let's count.  1. Dry embossing, 2.  Background stamping, 3. Image layering, 4. Copic coloring.  Four techniques.  Let's see what you can come up with by the end of the month.  Link to your blog or photo gallery or other gallery leaving a direct link   and you could win the candy of the month.  This is a work in progress.  Be patient and grow with me.
 Carpe Diem, Carlotta

                                                                          


1 comment:

Comments foster growth, interest and improvement. I would love to hear your comments.