Coloring corner

Carlotta's Craft room

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Scraproom organization and summer hydration :)

Happy Thursday all. I can't believe I'm cleaning the ol' scraproom again. This is never ending.It's because I bought so many cute stamps at the Heirloom show last Saturday. They're everywhere. But one good thing has come from all of this.....I found an AWESOME unmounted rubber-stamp storage system called StorRite, from Rubber Stamp Concepts. Awesome. I placed a photo at the end of this posting and you can find out more about them at www.RubberStampConcepts.com. OMG It's great. Although I have more than 3 Storage sheets per binder. I don't mind that it's a little heavy. So what.
I also have a wonderful and cute video up on how to use Nestabilities with the Cuttlebug. It is helpful for those newbies out there. Lastly, with the warm weather among us, many of you will become week-end hostess warriors so I'd like to share a Sangria style summer cocktail recipe with you. It's a white wine switch on a classic dog-days refresher. The fruit makes you feel like you're doing something healthy for your body, but the rest of it, well, its cold, really smooth and icy. After a while, you might not feel much of anything! It goes great with tortilla chips and salsa. Enjoy with friends or just drink the darn pitcher yourself! Enjoy & Carpe Diem!

Carlotta's Cheery Crop Chiller:

1. 750ml bottle dry white wine, such as chardonnay (or your fav)
1. 6-ounce can frozen lemonade concentrate
1/2 cup light rum
1/2 cup orange liqueur, such as Triple Sec or Grand Marnier
1. 15.25oz can pineapple tidbits in natural juice
1. lg apple, diced (approx. 1 1/4 cup)
2 cups chilled lemon lime soda
Strawberries, lemon or orange slices for garnish if you desire.

In a one gallon pitcher, combine the wine, frozen lemonade concentrate, rum, orate liqueur and pineapple tidbits and add to the sangria. Stir well and refrigerate, covered at least two hours.
Just before serving, stir in the soda. Serve over ice in classes, garnished with the strawberries and orange slices. Usually serves 8 (I warn you, you'll need way more than this for 8 people. Double the batch :) Carlotta.












4 comments:

  1. Carlotta,
    The recipe, tutorial and stamp storage are all great! Thank you for sharing--I enjoyed your post! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlotta! I love the tutorial and since I have been using CB for awhile ...this is what I enjoyed the most! You let your daughter interact with you on the video, you didn't push her hand away, never once told her to shhhh and when she repeated what you said...you never said a word! Five star Mom! That is what was most awesome to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tutorial! Thanks :) but where does the tan rubber mat come from I have a cuttlebug, and it did not come with anything made of rubber. Also...I have yet to see magnetic sheets in my dollar store...can you be more specific with the name of the store?

    a new follower here. Thanks again,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS...Please thank your helper :) (she) did a great job!! Please remove word verification, since you are moderating. That does the job just fine :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Comments foster growth, interest and improvement. I would love to hear your comments.