Coloring corner

Carlotta's Craft room

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Not just apple pie on a fall day...


Well I just finished listening to the movie The Thomas Crowne Affair again, for like the um-teenth time as I'm peeling and coring apples.  I want to make a pie tonight to give a little warmth to the day.  It's been rainy here all day, much like everywhere else and I'm not very good at being in solitary confinement at home.  I did manage to quickly color up this cute little "School Girl" by Tiddly Inks.  I had parents welcome night at my son's high school last night and was gently reminded that grades will close on Nov. 2.  So, In anticipation of some good grades from my niece, I colored this card up to hold a gift card.  She's a Freshman just like my son so this first report card will be huge in terms of accomplishment.  Well, and my smartie pants is just that...A smart pants! He and his school golf team made the local Central Ma. newspaper yesterday as they're doing well.  I feel for them today though.  Pourin' rain! Not too fun to golf in.  I'm so excited, Sunday I will be going to the Inspiration Station to spend a few hours with the oh so talented Suzanne Dean coloring hair!  Stafford Springs, CT is only about 1 1/2 hours from me so there was no way on earth was I going to miss that one.  In my multitasking of the day I am in the process of making an apple pie so I need to keep my fingers crossed.  Well there's another tornado watch here until tomorrow morning.  The western part of Massachusetts has already had several major ones in the past year I hope this one spares them!  Soon all the "leaf peepers" will be out and hikers walking and enjoying the foliage.  That's probably my favorite part of autumn...Crisp air, long walks, hot apple cider, Woop, wool.  Even Dunkin Donuts apple cider is good this time of year.  Soon we'll have to think about adding mint to the hot chocolate and which carols to sing.  For now I'll just revel in all things apple...Join me...




For all your hard work...




I think my niece will love it!  She loves sponging, so that's how I did the background and the DP was just from my stash of scraps,  I ran it through my Grand Calibur Spellbinder for a different shaped card. I think i'll give her a Dick Blick art supply gift card.  Seems only fitting.  Maybe next post will be from the Pumpkin patch...Until then, Carpe Diem.


3 comments:

  1. How stunning! love your tutorial. thank you so uch for haring!
    Hugs,
    Marie XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carlotta, I am a new follower:) Love your coloring and work:) Would love if you stopped by my blog and followed me too:) I will back to see all of your coloring videos, Im just getting into coloring with alcohol markers and need all the help I can get:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog, I have had a nice poke around looking at everything. I do with you would add 'follow by e-mail' so I don't miss anything you do! LOL...I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

Comments foster growth, interest and improvement. I would love to hear your comments.