Coloring corner

Carlotta's Craft room

Sunday, October 23, 2011

And the winner is.....

Our very own Rene Comstock! Congratulations and happy shopping.  Look out icopic.com we've got one happy shopper out there.  Ok so today I finished a lovely Christmas card using one of Mo Mannings BEAUTIFUL illustrations. But OMG so many Copics were used for the hair! I just LOVE her hair!  I think this is a perfect image to practice wavy hair skills!  I found a super awesome tutorial on brunette hair coloring done by Mary Giemza. OMG, Mary is super talented! Really folks check out her blog at My cardz my passion.
     I love it when I stumble onto a really motivating blog such as hers. It got me to finish the card I was working on for what seemed like forever.  And I couldn't decide if I wanted to color it with Copics or colored pencils because I love both.  But I knew I wanted to do the hair with my Copics sooooo, I ended up using both!  Hope you like it.
Along with my Prisma pencils and Gamsol, I used Copics:  R20, 29, 32, 81, E00, 000, 02, 21, 29, 35, 37, 31, 39, 43, 47, 50, 51, 53, B000, BV13, G05, 59, The red Spica marker and a white uniball marker.  The DPs are Memory Box and Some embellies from K&Company and Wild Orchid.

 I am going to post it on Mo's blog if there is a reader gallery or challenge available.  Then tonight i'll start another. Can you say relaxation?

 I decided,  because I just love a challenge, I am going to begin hosting a monthly challenge. The 1st Saturday of each month the challenge will post and remain open until midnight the last day of the month. I tried before with Tuesday's technique but there wasn't that much of a response.  So I've decided to start Carlotta's Creation Nation Challenge or to be known as the CNC. I think for inspiration I will use mostly photos and sketches.  I will also be looking for DT members to create inspirations with me  and expand iheartscrapbookingink to include layouts  and all kinds of handcrafted comforts from the heart.  If you or you know of anyone wanted to be a part of the design team please send me an email at c_vachon@msn.com telling briefly why you would like to join, which area of papercrafting you enjoy the most and how long have been crafting.  We will require an active blog and email address,  and you must have a photo gallery of your work.  At some point we will all take part in some sort of tutorial development as well.  I love to teach as well as learn so this is important to me.  I can never have enough good resources.  Deadline for applications will be October 31, 2011. November will be a great month to start the challenge because most of us will be in the throws of the Holiday preparations like Christmas other holiday cards and Oh those decorations.......... Have a wonderful week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet card! I love this image, and all your embellishments are very pretty! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, you have done a wonderful job on the hair, you follow directions very well. Love the embellishments too. Thanks for playing the Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments foster growth, interest and improvement. I would love to hear your comments.