Coloring corner

Carlotta's Craft room

Saturday, February 26, 2011

My Tiny Heaven

     Happy Saturday to everyone. I've got some exciting new stuff to share with everyone.  First, starting in March  I will be hosting a new monthly challenge here on my site: "Tuesdays Technique challenge". Okay the rules are pretty simple and will be listed on the sidebar of my blog.  Long story short, create a card or scrapbook layout using at least 2 different techniques.  For example:  Embossing and resist embossing, Colored pencil & Copic coloring on the same image or even distressing and tearing.  Remember all those techniques we learned and loved once but never use now?  Remeber paper piecing? Here's a partial list to get your creative juices flowing: colored pencils, markers, watercoloring, distress ink coloring, dry embossing, heat embossing and emboss resist, using chalks. glitter, microbeads, tie dye coffee filters, masking, walnut ink resist, embossed foil, twinkling watercolors,ect......the list goes on and on.  For more ideas please hop on over to the expert Patricia Huntoon at http://www.techniquejunkies.com/ .  The challenge will be the first Tuesday of every month.  On the last day of the month one random lucky person will win a little blogcandy.  It's as simple as that.  I am trying to  help folks try and break out of their ordinary. You know, "thinking outside of the box."  *****If you leave a comment with your thoughts at the end of this post by Monday morning 2/28/11 you just might be a winner!   you will be eligable to win 2 mini Magnolia stamps of your choice!!!!! Shuuuush don't tell everyone now.  Some secrets are good.
     Well now i'm starting to sound like a broken record but yes, it's supposed to snow again today here in New England. One good thing about it though, we'll be skiing into May ;) Anthing to keep the teen busy and occupied. Curtiss had oral surgery yesterday under general anesthesia. LOL a drunk 13 yr old.....and yes, I did video tape him. Too funny. He'll be getting braces this fall so we're getting the prep work done now. I want to give a special shout out to my friends over at Clear and simple Stamps. I just love their designs. You can see them and check out their blog at http://clearandsimplestampsonline.com/blog. There are so many creative minds out there. Also a big hello to the yahoo group scrapbookingrooms. This post is for you. I finally made a small video tour of my craft room which I often refer to as my tiny heaven. I hope you can find ideas from it that you all can use in your room.  I'm not proficient with my new camcorder yet. For that I appologize.   I have to say, youtube.com is not cooperating today.  Maybe I can get the video up by tomorrow for you.  That would be ideal.  Have a warm and wonderful weekend of stamping and scrapping.  I will be working at the local "home show" this afternoon for the Pampered Chef.  This usually puts me in the springtime mood.  You know, inside and outdoor house work.  Planting and grooming shrubs. Tulips, Crocus, ect...Would I love to see a Tulip right about now.    Think springtime thoughts and maybe sneak a mini Cadbury cream egg. It's never too early.  Besides, Easter seems late this year.  It's at the very end of April.


 Carpe Diem, Carlotta

12 comments:

  1. Your technique challenge sounds great. It's always good to have a little inspiration
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carlotta, I think this is a wonderful idea! We all need to be reminded of all those techniques that we've forgotten about.
    Hugs,
    Beth B.
    http://bethsbitsofart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea. I'm new to paper crafting and would love to learn some new techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a cool idea for a challenge. I think I'll have to learn some new techniques before I can participate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that's a great idea! Would love to see what you come up with.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good idea. The more people you get on board posting on their site, the more numbers you will get.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the technique challenges will be fun and test our skills also. It will be fun to see the other side of everyones talents. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! Sounds like fun!
    :o)
    Cassy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful idea Carlotta, I definitely look forward to seeing all the ideas.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carlotta, I just had to comment on your challenge, because I know there are so many techniques out there that others have used for years, but for them to be refreshed and brought to the show room is such a great idea! I havn't used some of them and never seen some of them! Long story short, I'm in! Became a follower so let me know when it's on would you? Thanks, see youin March! http://handmadebytlc.blogspot.com Tammy Louise :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it sounds like a very good idea. I am fairly new to card making and would like to see and learn more techniques. Good luck on your venture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, love the idea, I'm new at this, so it's good to have a technique challenge, hope to join your fun challenge soon.
    hugs, Irene

    ReplyDelete

Comments foster growth, interest and improvement. I would love to hear your comments.