Coloring corner

Carlotta's Craft room

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day Cheer

Well friends, I can't believe it, Valentines Day. I survived my "bootcamp!" Being away from your family for any extended period of time is hard enough, but when something is expected of you and your job depends on it, it's an entirely different story. I know why many of our service people are under the age of thirty! Although for those of you over 40, I represented us well. My PT times were better than many of my junior. Self defense classes were an eye opener and it hasn't hit me yet but I did well on the firing range considering I was scared of guns and only considered their use to obtain food for those of us who eat meat. Today I have to confirm and stand by my belief that "home is where the heart is." I packed a whole xtra suitecase with my Copics, stamped images, paper, photos, camera, ect.......You guessed it, I didn't get a single card or layout done. But...I lost 10lbs, watched SALT, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Toy Story 3, New Moon, Eclipse and several other current movies and I finished Patricia Cornwells new Port Mortuary. Did I mention that I met her at a book signingI just before I left? She is my literary idle, and YES a Pathologist! I even got a photo on my phone. I am not changing my video of the week as it is still my favorite besides Suzanne Dean's new videos. But I am going to make this tissue box if it's my last UFO (Un-finished object). You quilters know what this is all about.
I'd like to welcome all the new members to the Magnolia-licious yahoo group. We just keep growing and growing and growing! My postal carrier thinks i'm nuts doing all these swaps but I just remind her that it keeps both of us busy. Hope you all have a wonderful Valentines Day with those you love. Carpe Diem, Carlotta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments foster growth, interest and improvement. I would love to hear your comments.